[stylist] JAWS & Reading a NOOK book

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Mon May 6 22:24:23 UTC 2013

Robert,
First, as I understand it, Jerry's books (Slingshot & Standing With Better
Angels) are on Kindle and Nook, which are two totally different formats. The
Adobe Digital Editions reads the .epub files that Nook, as well as Apple and
others use. I used it to check the .epub version done for me by  Fiction
Works. I found it a bit squirly. I should say here that I've had very
limited experience with it, and it might be my lack of skills more than the
program. I thought at first it might be that the file wasn't prepared
properly, but there's an online EPUB Evaluator for authors to double-check
that the file was set up correctly, and it passed that with flying colors.
Navigating seemed to get me into trouble in a hurry, but I think if you just
do a Say all, it's OK. I have to go back to it and see if there's a way to
mark your place.

In terms of how to get it ... First, get the book at Nook, so you know
you're getting the .epub version. Then, for the reader, I would Google
"DownLoad Adobe Digital Editions" and make sure you go to Adobe for it. It
downloaded and installed fine for me and put an icon on the desktop. It's
ADE 2.0.

Donna