[stylist] composing blogs

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed May 8 02:16:03 UTC 2013

Donna,
Okay, so, how do I find the toolbar?

-----Original Message-----
From: Donna Hill
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 9:23 PM
To: 'Writer's Division Mailing List'
Subject: Re: [stylist] composing blogs

Ashley,
Look at the toolbar and write down the special hotkeys for bold, italics,
center. I think they all start with the alt key not the control key that
you're used to in Word. As for headings, I don't know any other way to do
them except with the code. My suggestion is that you bold and center them in
the visual editor and then go to the text editor just to do headings. Leave
a blank line before the heading  and add <h2> at the beginning and </h2> at
the end. Don't leave spaces between the code and the name of the heading.
This gives you a heading level 2 heading. Your Post or Page title is heading
level 1, and the search engines look for key words in heading level 2.
Here's how the code should look:

<h2>This is a new Heading</h2>
Now I'm starting the text under the new heading.

<h2>Second Heading</h2>
Here's some more text for the second heading.

You will probably notice code in the text editor at the beginning of the
headings, because you've already boldfaced and centered them. The important
thing is to add the heading tags at the very beginning and at the very end,
leaving all other code as is.

You won't have to do any other code, and don't change anything else. The
spacing between heading and text in the text editor will look different than
in the visual editor.

Other than that, you could try Googling "Word Press, creating headings" and
see what you find. If I ever run across anything, I'll post it.
HTH,
Donna