[stylist] Wicca and spiritualism

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sat May 11 17:26:36 UTC 2013

Eve,

I didn't mean I believe Wicca is a pop-culture practice, I just meant
that within pop-culture, Wicca has taken on certain definitions that are
ingrained in minds whether they be accurate or not. The same can be said
of any religion or spiritual practice. Certain ideals, dogmas and
practices are whittle  down and interpreted by pop-culture, and
unfortunately many buy into these definitions without ever investigating
further.

And not to delve too much into a philosophical and doctrinal discussion,
but many religions do depend on perspective hence orthodox Jews vs.
non-orthodox or those who merge off and study Kabala. And the various
sects of Hinduism or Buddhism. Or the literally thousands of
denominations identifying in some way with Christianity, all holding
specific doctrines that often differ. And even the Catholic church has
its perspectives, which is what caused the break creating both the
Orthodoxy church and Lutheranism, or what we now call Protestantism. And
sects not necessarily recognized by the Catholic church but who claim
Catholic roots nonetheless.

So right or wrong, any form of spiritualism can, and does,  take on
unique perspectives.

Bridgit

Message: 2