[stylist] the synesthesia poem ... finally!

Vejas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 14:47:12 UTC 2013

I think I have it too.  For me, certain words remind me of
certain foods.
I never knew the name until I read a book called A Mango-Shaped
Space by Wendy Mass.  It is about a girl named Mia who has it.
When I was younger, I used to have 2 categories of names: salt
names and sugar names.  The salt names reminded me of salty food
and the sugar names of sweet food.  That was in first grade, and
now I've learned a lot of new names and I haven't categorized
them in a while.  There was no real reason why.
Some "salty" names are Clyde, Spencer, Claudia and Della.  Some
sugary names are Matthew, Robert, Heidi, Emma, Melody and Evelyn.
I remember in first grade I had a story where the teacher wanted
to break the children into groups by "salt" and "sugar" names.
But like I said, now I know more names, and I actually haven't
thought about this in a long time, until I read this.
Also, some names were neither salty nor sweet.
Vejas