[stylist] Technical Writing

Homme, James james.homme at highmark.com
Tue Oct 22 11:39:36 UTC 2013

Hi,
I'm getting technical writing assignments at work, now, and thanks to this group, I'm working on my writing in general. Right now, the pictures are all screen shots, and I think I should be able to handle them, but I'm going to have someone look at them to make sure they are correct. If I would have to do something like make illustrations, I wouldn't be able to do that, because I am a totally blind dude. I'm also cureious, so I'm looking at job descriptions of technical writeing positions on LinkedIn. If the company is small, the tech writer seems to be expected to do more graphics. I absolutely know that I can interview people, get informatin out of them, document, use software and write down how it works, and all of that stuff. If I'd decide to take on more tech writing assignments or go for a tech writing position, how would you advise me to approach the graphics end of things? Would I go for a larger company, which is more likely to have graphics people?

Thanks.

Jim

This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and are intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark, its diversified business, or affiliates.