[stylist] Organizing Content

Homme, James james.homme at highmark.com
Thu Oct 24 17:44:25 UTC 2013

Hi,
I also have a question about this that is related to free writing. A programmer friend of mine told me that he often puts little markers in the code he writes. For example, he will put in a symble that means for the compiler to ignore this line of text and then on that line, he puts some other text. For example. He might put something like the line below this one.
// ~~
I got to thinking that maybe in my journal if I'm writing and I think I may be able to use a piece of content in another document, I might devise a marking system that is very simple, so that I can quickly put it in and keep writing. Then I can go back and use my editor's find function to find the marks and refresh myself about why I thought they were important and go from there.

What do you think about this? If you do something similar, what is it?

Thanks.

Jim

This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and are intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark, its diversified business, or affiliates.