[stylist] Organizing Content

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Tue Oct 29 03:23:17 UTC 2013

I don't have any method for writing, I just write when an idea sticks with
me for a while and acts like it wants to be acted upon.  As for organizing,
my electronic files of my poetry are over organized.  I love, love, love
putting things in order.  I have my poems in numeric and alphabet order.  I
have a folder with multiple subfolders to know what day of the year a poem
was written on.  I have a folder with pomes written on each day of the week,
what date--as in the 1st, 5th, or (pick a number)--and how many were written
in each year.  I've also tried dividing them into categories according to
their topic and I also have them listed from longest to shortest.  LOL!  And
I also do what lists of this kind I can do with other people's poems I
collect--length, author, alphabetic, which author do I have the most or
least number of poems by.  I'm not so particular with nonpoetic works
because I don't do many of them.
How crazy is all that?
Barbara

Writing free verse is like playing tennis with the net down.--Robert Frost