[stylist] Cookbook and other writing Tessa

April Brown aprilbrownwrite at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 19:05:48 UTC 2013

Hi Tessa,

      I'm glad you like the idea.  I have a table top oven I enjoy for a
lot of foods.  You can buy one at WalMart or Meijers for about $25.00
right now.  They are sometimes called a slow roaster, or roaster oven.
I have several table top grill recipes in my cookbook.

      Gluten free is an interesting lifestyle - gluten (wheat) is in
everything - even envelope glue.  I somehow managed to get some the
other day.  Actually, I think It was from walking near the bread aisle
in Krogers.  Not good.

I'll post a sample recipe that you might enjoy,.  My cookbook is still a
work in progress, so if you see a wording you think should be changed,
please say so.  Thanks!

Sloppy Joes

Story:I don't remember learning to make this comfort food.Even without
bread, this is a good dish with a few delicious side vegetables.Store
bought gluten free bread is also perfect with this dish.This is one of
those "to taste and texture" dishes.You might not want to make it , if
you're sick, because it may end up too spicy for anyone else to eat.

Pre-Cooking Preparation:

A.Timer set to thaw meat for about 2 hours.

B.Timer set for preparation time set for 10 minutes before you plan to
begin cooking.

C.Stay with meal to stir.

Meal Adaptations:

Physical Accommodations:Frozen or canned vegetables can be used.Sit on a
stool while stirring.

Visual Accommodations:Use colored chopping boards.

Potential Food Allergy or Intolerance: Butter (lactose), Beef, Chicken,
Turkey, Pepper, Spices, Mushrooms, Ketchup, Potatoes, Barbecue Sauce
(gluten, food dyes), Brown Sugar (diabetics).

Vegan Preparation: Avoid beef, turkey, or butter.Substitute with:_________

Choice of meats: 2 pounds of turkey burger or beef burger.

Choice of pans: 8 inch frying pan

Choice of vegetables: peas, carrots, mashed potatoes.

Other ingredients: Dash of salt, spices such as pepper to
taste.Optional: onions.

Marinate: No.

Preparation time: 10 minutes.

Preparation:

1.Set vegetables to boil.

2.Brown the burger on medium heat.

3.Drain if needed.

4.Add 1/2 cup of water, and turn temp 1/4 turn lower.

5.Add about salt, onions, pepper, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of
barbecue sauce, and 1/2 cup of ketchup.

6.Stir, test by taste.Add more ketchup or barbecue sauce as needed.Keep
at a low simmer until most of the juice boils off

Cook Temperature: Medium to low heat.

Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes.

Makes: 4 to 6 servings

Storage Solutions:Square containers in individual servings with or
without vegetables.

Counter safe:30 minutes to an hour to cool enough to place in the fridge
or freezer.

Fridge safe:3 to 4 days *Per FDA Storage Chart link in Resources

Freezer safe:2 to 3 months *Per FDA Storage Chart link in Resources

Reheat Instructions:

Microwave: Time and temp may vary.

1.Place in a microwave safe dish (not plastic).

2.Heat until food is fully hot and reaches a safe temperature.

3.Minimum 2 minutes.Add your microwaves time here:______

Stove Top: Time and Temp may vary.

1.Place food in frying pan.

2.Add enough water to almost cover food.

3.Stir frequently while foot heats, until thoroughly warm, about 10
minutes.Add your stove's time here:______

Oven Reheating Directions: Time and Temp may vary.

1.Place in oven safe pan.

2.Add a little water.

3.Stir frequently while foot heats, until thoroughly warm, about 20
minutes.Add your oven's time here:______