[stylist] Smashwords

Homme, James james.homme at highmark.com
Thu Oct 31 17:05:54 UTC 2013

Hi Atty,
My memory, possibly falty, says that when you press CTRL+SHIFT+8 im MS Word that you are turning on and off the showing of the paragraph mark. JAWS should say the words paragraph mark when you put the cursor on the end of a line. This is how you know it is on.

Related to this, though, I wonder why SmashWords is telling you to do this. I can have a quick look at their guide, but what are you specifically trying to accomplish? Are you trying to use Word styles for headings, bulleted lists, and so forth? Are you putting in  a table of contents?

Thanks.

Jim