[stylist] OFF topic

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 7 04:55:45 UTC 2013

The touch screen technology isn't bad with voiceover, especially since
when using voiceover, you need to double tap in order to initiate a
function. So you just run your finger across the screen, hearing the
voiceover, and when you find what you're looking for, then you double
tap. Also, once you grow accustom to the lay-out, you know where certain
*buttons* are.

How does an over-lay work? The buttons, or icons, can be moved, so an
over-lay wouldn't accommodate for this. I also wonder how it works to
double tap a smart phone buttons with an over-lay, and even if an
over-lay helps with the initial function, how does it work when going
into new screens? For instance, you find the phone button, but now you
have a new lay-out of buttons for calling and voicemail and looking up
info on a contact, etc. And each function, phone, text, internet, notes,
etc., has it's own screen, and sometimes the buttons are a little
different.

I'm curious about the functionality of such an over-lay and how it works
with smart phones.

Bridgit