[stylist] Further question for Bridgit or other BLOGGGERS - RE:Writers' division Monthly Telephone Gathering - Sunday, the 29th

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 24 15:24:51 UTC 2013

Yes, I was paid, but I was discovered, if I can use that word, when the
Herald contacted the Med Center's marketing department after seeing my
commercial. The editor at the time read a sample of my writing and
wanted to hire me for the blog.

My situation was a little different, but often bloggers who start their
own blog are discovered by publishers, editors and bloggers, and this is
what can lead to bigger deals. An editor actually saw my blog and
inquired into a potential book idea, but at the end of the day, they
wanted a different direction than what I wanted, but this is an example
of how getting a blog out there can lead to others finding you.

Having an online presence is very important including social network
sites. I know this, but I'm not the person to ask about actually
creating your own blog. As for promotional stuff, that I'm more
acquainted with, grin.

Bridgit