[stylist] Transgender Spoken Word Poem

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Sun Apr 13 18:38:49 UTC 2014

Kaden, How is a "spoken Word" poem different from a written poem?
This is a wonderful outflowing from the conversation joined by all some
weeks ago about the different textures, colors, and shapes of the boxes we
all inhabit.
It expresses well your heartbreak and frustration of not being accepted for
what you are and always will be.
I might suggest that you  change the word, "disfiguring" to disfigured to be
more in line with the other words.
Also, for me, the M seems like it should be inside the box instead of under
it.
I do miss the punctuation that might clarify the words for me. Perhaps that
is what you mean by a spoken word poem. But I am not there to either see or
hear you.
It is poems like yours that might make a difference with the unaccepting
population who believe it is always a choice.
Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.
Time is the fire in which we burn.
Delmore Schwartz