[stylist] dividing blind people into groups

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Sun Apr 20 19:27:40 UTC 2014

Lynda,
It has been inspiring to read all of your responses to the many e-mails
since I have been away. This is particularly precious. You can knit me a
"bin" any time.
I did want to tell you, that since some of our long ago e-mails, I have read
Dante's Inferno, the latest edition, 2012, I believe. It has many references
to modern day performers, writers, and ideas adapted to his original work. I
found it fascinating and humbling. I had not realized how ignorant I was
until I found how he wove all the prominent historical figures, and history
itself, into this amazing journey. I was very surprised at his
classification of the severity of the sins at the different levels, rings,
of Hell.
I seem to recall that you studied all of his work, and to me, that would
have taken at least a full year, if not more, to even get all the rudiments
of what he was writing about.
I also remember your effortless villanelles, and your sestinas, and your
helpful hints and strategies shared with all of us. I have them all saved in
my "forms" poetry folder. I entered my one and only sestina in the NFSPS
contest and will not hear until July, but I want to try another soon.
As I slowly work through these e-mails, I will look for new work from you.
I had knee surgery during the summer, took classes in Balance, went
completely deaf for a month, and while two surgeries have given back most of
what I lost, some days are better than others, and I still cannot use the
phone with much reliability. The biggest blow was losing my kid brother two
months ago to Pick's Disease.
I am back in my poetry critique group, and savoring the six paid awards, and
nine honorable mentions, and publication in three anthologies that happened
just before the cascade of events I just described.
So much to catch up with, but you-all are one of the steps.

Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.
Time is the fire in which we burn.
Delmore Schwartz