[stylist] Bob and Lynda's update RE: Prayers for our friend Lynda & her hubby Bob

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Fri Apr 25 14:09:10 UTC 2014

Lynda

Thank you for the update about Mister Bob. I really felt your determination
when you wrote- "....I know he is surrounded by love and prayers - and that
is what will bring us all through - we will not stay in this place, but we
will pass through it and this is what we keep saying to each other as the
slow days move on right now..."

Your message also drove home to me the role of the spouse of a couple, who
is standing by her or his loved one who is down, but struggling to get back
to a semblance of normality. Most recently, here on this list witnessed this
through the posts of Donna Hill and her husband. And closer to home for me,
all this renewed my memories of July and August of 2010, when I experienced
a brain hemorrhage that put me down for a two and a half stay in the
hospital, and a month and a half of missing work. But the point here I'm
making is, is what the experience  through all this was for my wife, Bonnie!
Very frightening, tiring, supportive & needing support, loving and so much
more. (Like you and Donna and anyone else reading this who has had a life
partner who was struggling to live.)

So hey, Lynda...drink  something  black, and as you leave today to go and
see Bob, kiss the black siding of your house and whisper "My black beauty,
I'll be back, and soon I'll bring Bob home to us, too."

Robert Leslie Newman
Personal Website-
http://www.thoughtprovoker.info
President, NFB Writers' Division
Division Website-
http://writers.nfb.org
Chair, NFB Communications Committee
Vice President, Nebraska Senior Division
First Vice President, Omaha Chapter
Commissioner, Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired