[stylist] Using Microsoft Word 2007 and Higher To Blog Instead

Homme, James james.homme at highmark.com
Fri Apr 25 18:52:30 UTC 2014

Hi,
If you use WordPress or Blogger as your blogging platform of choice, would you like to be able to just skip going into your web browser and use the old familiar MS Word to create blog posts? I thought so, so I'm going to play with it on two blogs I am toying with, one on Blogger, and the other on my accessibility site that I am working on.
>From the documentation I am reading, this is possible. The advantages seem to be nice.

·         You get to create right in Word.

·         You can spell check and grammar check, all without having to paste back and forth.

·         You can save the document off line for future modification if you wish.

·         When you create or modify the document, you don't have to do either in your web browser.

·         Word can automatically send the post to your blog either with a default post category, or any category or categories you add, or I think, both the default one or whatever combination.

·         You can have a template document that you start with for each blog, all set up. You only have to set it up once for each blog site.

Here is what I'm unsure of.

·         I don't know if the font faces and sizes Word uses get transferred to your blog posts, or if they retain the ones from your blog theme.

·         You can definitely use images in Word, but I don't know if they get brought up to your blog, or if they get stripped.

·         How easy it is to use the newer controls Word uses to put in the title and categories. My memory of this is that it is just slightly tricky, but can be done.

If you can think of other things to test, or if you are even interested, please tell me.

Thanks.

Jim

Thanks.

Jim

This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and are intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark, its diversified business, or affiliates.