[stylist] Read your essay!! - RE: Onkyo essay for Helen Kobek

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Fri Dec 26 13:01:53 UTC 2014

Helen

Read your essay. My favorite line is this one:
"...At age fifty-two, I began reading to learn instead of struggling, or
learning to read..." The last line of the essay, because it is a truth that
escapes too many partially sighted/blind individuals who struggle to read
print. I know that there can be several reasons why a person may be
conflicted about learning Braille. And boy, it is super sad to see, that
when the reason is hard to do the smart thing, is because a person is
divided within themselves, not accepting of his or her blindness and
reluctant to use a tool that may label them...blind.

So hey thanks for sending the link our way.

Who else can share theirs? (I'll look harder at our post, make sure I didn't
miss one.)

Respectfully yours,
Robert Leslie Newman
President, NFB Writers' division