[stylist] My New Book

P. Campbell pcampbell16 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 10 11:17:49 UTC 2014

I hope I may be forgiven for tooting my own horn, but I wanted to share my news.  Below is the description of my latest book released last week.

Thank you for sharing all of your news with me.  I read it all, but since my husband's illness and subsequent death my time has been limited.

Happy writing,
Phyllis

Out Of The Night

By Phyllis Campbell

http://www.amazon.com

Electronic format Kindle

https://www.smashwords.com

Electronic formats, including plain text and RTF that can be read on the PC using your screen-reader, with Victor Stream, Book Sense etc, and on devices such as the Apex.

Price: $7.99

Soon to be released in The Apple Store, Barnes and Noble, Sony, and many more.

Two women, two centuries, and one man determined to destroy them, even from the grave.

Chris has faced many challenges in her twenty-one years of life, a mother more involved with her career than with her daughter, a father who deserted his family also to pursue a career, and the loss of her sight. Nothing, however, has prepared her for the challenge faced by her and the four other clients attending an independence center held in a historic building on the campus of the school for the blind.

Determined to achieve her goal of concert pianist, Chris feels a kinship with those women who have once lived in the old building, only to realize that the past is surrounding her and the others in a real and dangerous way. Walk with her as she struggles not only to achieve her career goals, know herself as a whole woman, but must uncover a secret over a century old.

            I sit in the chapel as the night approaches on quiet feet of memory. They are here, my sisters who have loved, and hated, laughed and cried, hoped and despaired, for over a hundred years, leaving a part of themselves in this place for those who have come after them.

            Each has her story, her dreams, her nightmares, and I realize that each of them is a part of me as surely as I will become a part of those blind women who will follow me. I am what I am because of the path they have walked, and I must leave my own path for others, many yet unborn, to follow.

            "Write," they say, "write and tell of our world, tell of our triumphs, our failures, our joys, our hidden sorrows. Write so they will know."