[stylist] Acting

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 16 16:51:09 UTC 2014

Just had convo with hubby, and he mentioned that Halle Berry's character
is abusive to her son in Monster Ball; for the life of me, I don't
remember this. It's been about ten years since I saw the film, but I
can't believe I don't recall this. I'm apparently real, observant,
smile.

We did think of a couple of actors who are black and tend to be cast in
various roles. Will Smith and Denzel Washington. Audiences seem to like
these two actors and will watch them in various roles. Will Smith, in
general, is a pretty mainstreamed, commercial actor.

Sadly, in our country, films and television are inundated with white
actors. It's difficult to think of examples of these mediums boasting
multi-racial casts.

BTW, I'm not disagreeing on this subject or suggesting racial lines
aren't still drawn when it comes to the arts, I'm just providing thought
for this topic. Clearly when it comes to race, we have a long, long way
to go, and likewise, the same can be said when it comes to disability,
perhaps a bit more.

Bridgit