[stylist] Happy New Year - a new blog article

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 7 20:10:02 UTC 2014

I don't know if it's rare. I think we tend to write from our gender
perspective just because that's familiar, what we know, but authors do
attempt writing from a different gender point of view than their own,
and I wouldn't say it's rare. Perhaps not common, but not rare.

Some books that come to mind are:
John Cleland- Fanny Hill
J. K. Rowling- Harry Potter
Toni Morrison- Song of Solomon and Home

There are more, but my mind is zapped from running after a 16-month-old
monkey all day, smile.

Bridgit