[stylist] Request for advice

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Sun Jan 19 23:38:26 UTC 2014

Donna,
As a retired tenured faculty member of a private college, I can tell you
there is always a budget for any speakers we bring to campus.  This is hard
to believe they would ask you to come for FREE, give of your time, give them
a free book, and expect a blind person to get there on their own initiative
with no offer of payment at all.  It just does not "fit" with anything I
have ever known as a professor.

This reminds me of a call I had a little while back asking me to come to a
conference and be a speaker - nearly 1/2 way across PA, with no offer of any
compensation nor even a room for the night. Do you think I even returned
that call?  NOT!
That is my take on what they proposed to you. I think it is insulting, at
the least.

Lynda