[stylist] Poem - "Regret" - Second Draft

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Thu Jun 12 03:33:40 UTC 2014

I like this poem.  A few errors I saw: spongey needs the e taken out.  There
needs to be a space after the colon after nosh.  Theparty and returnslike
need spaces in them.
Also, somehow I don't like the two choices of perhaps going to buy shoes or
visit the dentist.  They seem so mundane compared to the rest of the poem.
Oh, and are his eyes supposed to be like the summer jays or his voice that
comes to you.
The last sentence you may want to put in quotes?
Wow!  Sorry I made this sound so negative -- not saying anything I like
about it, yet I do like it as a whole.
Barbara

Writing free verse is like playing tennis with the net down.--Robert Frost