[stylist] Of time, age, and love, in a villanelle

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Mon Jun 16 23:32:53 UTC 2014

Lynda,
I am still catching up. I have forgotten to ask you what a Milestone is. I
am guessing either a tape recorder, or a digital recorder. Or is it similar,
but able to put into a folder or file on the computer, like a journal?
Also, why don't I write about the sexual escapades of those in their
eighties? I could, but why shake things up. I think I have a good reputation
on the list. That could disappear quickly if some died  either from laughing
too hard, or crying, or from disapproval.
I will try to attach a Villanelle which won a first prize several years ago,
and tracks my last love affair when I was 78. My problem is that I like
older men, and not many are still alive when you are eighty-five.
The relationship I write about is about another blind man, quite serious in
reporting how your kids feel about starting a new relationship and does not
begin to convey the intensity of the feelings. I do not know that I was ever
totally lovesick before in my life, which includes not being able to eat.
So there it is, out there.
You might understand why I have a quote about time, which is of the essence
at my age.
Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.
Time is the fire in which we burn.