[stylist] a different take on everything

Jacobson, Shawn D Shawn.D.Jacobson at hud.gov
Tue Jun 24 14:33:13 UTC 2014

Well said Chris.

I thought Vackie's poem was good (just not to my taste).  I just finished "War and Peace" and am ready for some lighter fare.

I agree that you will probably not grow spiritually much by reading lighter fare, but you can probably learn things about the craft of writing if you read well written Mysteries, Science Fiction, Romances, etc. (some of this is a lot better written than the rest).

Like most Americans, I want to return to lighter material after getting exposed to things that are deep, disturbing, and tragic.  How much of this is distinctly American (as opposed to being the nature of the human beast) I don't know.  The only culture I know enough to comment on is American culture.

Anyway, good reading.

Shawn