[stylist] Poem in Your Pocket Day, April 24

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Sun Jun 29 01:33:53 UTC 2014

Jim,
I've had a bunch of e-mails come up as unread which I know I have read. This
was one of them. But there is no reply of mine to you.
Please  accept my late thank you for your comments. I was also interested in
knowing about your enthusiasm for short pieces and scripting. Particularly
"The Blues." I heartily agree. I wrote a Blues lyric and had a guitarist put
it to the blues beat which I love. Though I have it on an old tape, I have
no idea how to get it into the computer.
Sometimes a short piece is more difficult to write than one that is longer.
It takes distillation and must be on the mark.  For years I have aimed  at
cutting the length of poems, so I am very gratified to hear your remarks.
Thanks.

Jackie