[stylist] A different way of thinking about your project

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Sat Mar 1 23:05:17 UTC 2014

It's an interesting idea, Brad. As Robert indicated, I think Stephen King
tried a different version of this idea about 20 years ago. I've killed a lot
fo brain cells since then, but I think he posted a chapter online, and asked
people to send him a buck (it was before the days of paypal). If 50% of the
people who read it sent him a buck, he'd post the next chapter--something
like that. And from what I remember, it fizzled out. As an unknown, the
hardest part would be getting subscribers. James Patterson (or one of the
many grad students he pays minimum wage to write under his name) could pull
it off easily. Me--I'm not so sure.

chris