[stylist] Format Questions

Applebutter Hill applebutterhill at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 23:41:24 UTC 2014

Ann,
I do not boldface or italicize the punctuation, but I can't say I got that
from any reputable source. It just seems to me that it's the word or phrase
that is standing out not the punctuation that follows. Imagine if you did
it, what would you do with the punctuation that comes before the text to be
bold-faced? If it were in the middle of a sentence, there could conceivably
be a comma prior to it and after it. If you do punctuation as a matter of
course, you'd end up with a word that was not bold-faced directly followed
by a comma that was.
Donna