[stylist] A different way of thinking about your project

Brad Dunse lists at braddunse.com
Mon Mar 3 03:24:24 UTC 2014

Donna,

There are contact management software products out there that will send out
auto responder e-mails out at whatever interval you want after someone signs
up. I'm not sure if there are limits to how many intervals, but I seriously
doubt there would be limits.

In other words if I signed up to one today, and you signed up a month from
now, both our first e-mails would be identical regardless of our differing
sign up dates. They are lists, but not a list like what we are on here where
everyone gets the same thing.

The only challenge, like any book, product, or service; is getting the word
out and marketing it.

I wasn't suggesting a reader write the book; although that is sort of an
interesting interactive thing... a bit daunting I'd think.

What I was suggesting, was after the book is written, to interject possible
options a reader might consider that will happen in the next installment.
Perhaps not every installment, but where there are natural scenario
considerations a writer ponders when writing.

When a reader gets the next installment, they'll find out if they were right
or wrong.

I've noticed in various books I've read with my wife on trips, or even
movies, we'll stop to get a bite to eat or the like, and we're talking about
what we think might happen when we get back in the car or next time we get a
chance to listen to it.

I'm not sure how it would be done from a writing standpoint, as in format or
structure, I just see potential to present a book in a different manner that
might heighten a readers emotional investment in it, bring more curiosity,
and also raise the writer's compensation for a book compared to the
traditional market pricing methods.

Do you know for example, less people will buy a product if offered to them
at three payments of $19.99 than if they are presented the same product at
four payments of $17.50?

Even though they will pay more for the product as a whole with the second
option, they will opt for it over the first payment plan, because of the
cheaper initial investment.

So why not a book? *smile*

Brad