[stylist] lines on a page

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 5 22:16:55 UTC 2014

Sites like SmashWords may have a specific style guide they want you to
follow, but in the realm of traditional style guides (MLA, APA, Chicago
Manual, etc.) they will not necessarily have a specific word length, but
they will detail how to format and structure and cite within that guide
for whatever length of whatever type of writing you are doing.
SmashWords and other self-publishing forums are an entirely different
situation. Like a literary publication, I'm sure they have a specific
format in which they want you to submit, so of course, you would want to
follow their guidelines. But when you say writing style guide, it makes
me assume you mean one of the many I listed previously, and other
writing guides. It's not exactly the same thing. What SmashWords wants
is different, I assume, than what MLA or APA will state, of course
unless they state they want you to follow a guide like that.

I currently have no interest in self-publishing, though I wouldn't rule
it out. And if I did opt for this choice, I would study and follow what
the publisher wants exactly.

Bridgit