[stylist] {Spam?} Long Article: I'll Call Her Sandy(someprofanity)

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 14 18:34:21 UTC 2014

Thea,

I just think you can better place, and word, your isolation in this
piece. I'm not critiqueing your actual life but your writing in this
particular piece. I think your isolation and loneliness needs to be
clearer and written more concisely without the repetition. This is where
showing us may be more powerful than telling us.

As a nonfiction writer myself, we can easily put too much between the
lines when others comment because we are writing about real life,
especially when it's about our life. But we need to look at the context
of the writing itself and try to see what the reader sees. We know the
entire story and how we feel about it; readers don't have that entire
background. So I'm not commenting on your life except in how you portray
it here and how you weave it into this narrative.

By the end of the piece, we already need the info you give at the end.
We need that isolation to be clear from the beginning, not tacked on as
an end note.

I've never been accused of lying about my blindness because I used the
computer, so no, I don't understand this, but yes, I am fully aware how
ignorant the world is about blindness and the tools we use. Nonetheless,
this is info you can better place within this piece, and again, just be
mindful of redundancies.

As an editor, I see where revisions can happen and where you can make it
stronger. This is my intent in commenting at all. With work, this can be
a strong piece.

Bridgit