[stylist] Poem - "A Spider"

William L Houts lukaeon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 16:43:46 UTC 2014

HI Thea,

Spiders are absolutely terrifying when you think about them with any
kind of detachment.  I mean, they're hairy, some of them, they've got
six eyes and eight legs; what in the hell else do you need to tell you
that this thing is a futhermucking MONSTER?  But I love them anyway,
even --or maybe especially-- the large ones on your porch which
vampirize flies.  I mean, it's not like they're devouring elves or
something for Christ's sake, they're ridding the world of vermin and I
say good sodding riddance!  The world is a good place, I think; and it
would not be half the joy it is without the occasional monster.

--Bill

--
"Let's drink a toast now to who we really are."

           --Jane Siberry