[stylist] Poem - "Antoinette"

William L Houts lukaeon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 20:17:54 UTC 2014

HI Brigit,

To answer one question of yours which I didn't cover in my previous
message:  I've written a number of sonnets --almost all of them bad-- in
order to learn some things about the uses of structure and rhyme.
Mostly, though, I tend to write loose if not totally free verse lines.
I have to pay strict attention to JAWS as I do this, or I make hash out
of everything and nothing makes any sense.  As I said before, this is
all a matter of craft,though much of it is mostly subconscious at this
point.  Hope I don't come off like some egotistical boobnow,  ha.

OH yeah, and comparing my work to that of the Beats is high praise, and
I hope I eventually live up to Mr. Ginsberg's "HOWL", which still makes
me sob whenever I read it.

--Bill

--
"Let's drink a toast now to who we really are."

           --Jane Siberry