[stylist] Let's Play

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 21:43:05 UTC 2014

Okay, since so much poetry has been posted, here's my flimsy attempt

I wrote this for a class; it's a Rimas disdolutas

Bridgit

I woke in the morning, frazzled and frizzled
My eyes the sun poked
>From my bed, I rolled and dripped
Wishing to end the siren in my head
Yawning and grumbling, I attempted to wake

I snarled a greeting as I was grizzled
The coffee so strong and thick I choked
I slunk to the shower, but over the dog I tripped
All I wanted was to return to my bed
Could this day have started with anymore at stake?

I stood at the window and watched the rain as it drizzled
Pitter-patter it tinked on the window as the sun groped
To break the grey clouds and end the chill that nipped
I fumbled and stumbled against the spike splitting my brain wishing I
had fled
Back to the warmth of my bed to ease my headache

My nose detected eggs and bacon as they sizzled
Encouraged by food, I braved the shower and soaped
Refreshed and resembling a human again, I grabbed the early edition and
flipped
Through articles and stories, some full of dred,
But finally, as the sun broke free, I determined to stay awake