[stylist] journal writing

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sat May 3 22:07:24 UTC 2014

Vejas,

When using diary style or epistlery style in creative writing, you still
must have a plot with characters, descriptions and scenic development.
These styles are just ways in which to format your story and choose a
point of view, but you still need to follow standard fiction writing
techniques. This doesn't mean you can't play with form, voice, tone and
style, but yes, it does still need a plot/theme with all the devices
found in all other novels.

Same if nonfiction. Those literary devices are what make the story
appealing to readers. Your audience needs those devices to keep with the
story even if written in diary-style.

Bridgit