[stylist] Grammar: Two Words, One Word, or Hyphenated Words

Homme, James via stylist stylist at nfbnet.org
Mon May 12 13:54:31 UTC 2014

Hi,
Thanks, April. This is great.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: stylist [mailto:stylist-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of April Brown via stylist
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2014 8:45 AM
To: stylist at nfbnet.org; NFBS stylist-request at nfbnet.org
Subject: Re: [stylist] Grammar: Two Words, One Word, or Hyphenated Words

Hello James Homme,

I follow a few on Twitter and Facebook.  Grammar Girl has some really good posts on specific words.  APA, MLA, and Chicago don't always agree with each other about hypens, so it can vary depending on style guide.  And sometimes, depends on whether the two words change parts of speech.  For instance, as a noun it may be one word, and as an adverbial clause it may be two.

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/hyphens?page=all  This is a good place to start.

Have a great day,

April Brown

Writing dramatic adventure novels uncovering the myths we hide behind.

aprilbrownwrite at gmail.com

Website: https://sites.google.com/site/uncoveredmyths/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/UncoveredMyths
Google Plus:  https://plus.google.com/116003267969710767555/posts