[stylist] Helen Kobek's book "Everyday Cruelty" now avaiable on Bookshare

EJ Kobek ejkobek at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 00:59:30 UTC 2014

Hi, everyone,

Just to let you know that my just-published book is now up on Bookshare.
Here is the link:

https://www.bookshare.org/browse/book/938226
<http://email.bookshare.org/wf/click?upn=xM7w1UDRWKNmdfg08w8rKp-2FAdTzjrJGvNUOv3xvHYgQrCijjWv4duzbTsdb94ddb0eqhfIjShzLMDDWWh2Iyaw-3D-3D_E-2FjZjNVW5of5LoAwcrJ0eUMokea3ML60AJaN7DchJho-2FXYlbLXEAm2Lu7hUpESnmIXdZNAefJAPos-2Bw5tqqCUxsnGmIlTNUagnliHtFQWHALIiSUXzIxIsiAQdgaBDwvTqQR7lKh9elfQEZza-2B6hmQYjCejKV6hktkNnyetKiDG5Qy9T7kWTV8Y5Sz6-2FJbTRBvBYpoNb3kR2XgEBim05uw-3D-3D>

The title: Everyday Cruelty: How to Deal with Its Effects without Denial,
Bitterness, or Despair

It's a guide to dealing with the day-to-day events we experience, and
includes a look at what cruelty is, how it affects us physically,
cognitively, emotionally, spiritually, and behaviorally, and then offers
hundreds of practical strategies for dealing with it. There is also a
chapter that delves deeply into why cruelty (the everyday kind) is so
painful...how its gets to us...And the book is positive and hopeful,
affirming of lived experiences....

FYI: Book cover description: 5 1/2" - 8 1/2" trim size. Glossy finished
paperback. Brightly colored: Two-inch bands of teal blue/green and pink
coming down from upper left to lower right, appearing to be bands of light,
with the bands alternating in color, divided by thin bands of white.
The print is deep black, and italicized. My headshot (one-inch by one-inch)
is full-color on the back cover, lower left. I look
reasonably, genuinely content, I've been told..

This book has been in the works for some time, and I'm happy to share it
with you, one of my communities...I interviewed a number of blind folks for
this book, and your presence is here.

Let me know how you think/feel, if you would like to.

If you know print readers who might want this book in print, I'm attaching
both the Table of Contents and an Order Form below. Of course, if you have
any questions about ordering, be in touch. My phone number is on the order
form.

Best wishes,

Helen Kobek