[stylist] ANOTHER question for lynda or anyone else about blogging

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Mon Nov 17 00:06:59 UTC 2014

Vejas,
I think images are an absolute must - they are really important to get the
attention of those who are looking at blogs and considering what to read.
For instance, my last blog was about listening to a Violin Sonata by Mozart.
I had a very large portrait of Mozart at the beginning of the piece.  This
is the image that will come up when I post this blog on Facebook and on the
blog site when they send them out to others.  Then, I select a couple other
images that I will put into the text at the places in my writing where the
photo will give a visual of what I am speaking about. In this blog, I was
speaking not only of Mozart but of Austria and in particular Salzburg. So, I
put in two images of Salzburg - one showing a nice view of the city with the
Salzach River in the foreground; One showing the sky all lighted up over the
city by fireworks. That is how it looks during the Mozart Festival in July
and since I was speaking about that festival, the pictures fit my text.
You can have someone help you get images by doing a search for them on
google - and then you have dozens to choose from. That is where I got mine.
I am using WordPress now, and after about five years using it, I am getting
it much better. Now, I am a very slow learner and I cannot use adaptive
technology like you would be able to do - I am super slow and make lots of
mistakes. I can only imagine how adept you are at it and I know you will
really do well.
In my blog post, I also included two links so that the reader can go to them
if they want more information on what I am discussing.

I just started a new blog and it is called SCANdalous.  I know, that is a
really weird name for a blog - I know I know. I got the idea and established
the site a year ago.  But then I never did anything with it - due to lots of
things happing here at my home this year. Finally, last week, I wrote this
first blog article and posted it to SCANdalous - and immediately I started
getting hits on it, comments, and even emails from people who read it and
loved it - I did not know any of them - they were all new to me. So, if you
get good graphics up and you write about something of interest, you will get
flooded with interest, I find.

If you want to see my blog you can find it here:

http://llambert363.wordpress.com/2014/11/11/on-when-i-begin-my-day-with-mozart/

If I can be of any help to you, please just ask. I started blogging right
after I lost my sight - I created a blog called "Walking by Inner Vision"
and it is a tab on my website at:
www.lyndalambert.com

Before this, I had two blogs on blogger for a few years - but I gave up
working on them when I started the one on my website and put the new
WordPress blog onto the website.
If you want me to have a look at anything you do when working on the blog,
just let me know. You can always email me privately and I would be more than
happy to help you if I can.
My E-mail is:  riverwoman at zoominternet.net

Happy Blogging,
Lynda