[stylist] Pick Your Poison

William L Houts lukaeon at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 22:54:07 UTC 2014

I'd heard the theory about Jesus being more of a political than a
religious figure, though I doubt that this is a distinction you can
easily make about a rebel in first century Judaea.  The theory I find
more interesting is that Jesus was trying to cast down the priests of
the Jerusalem establishment, which ruled the roost with its hundreds of
levitical commandments, and with its friendliness with the Roman apparatus.
I just started reading the Bosch novels a couple of months ago, and
really enjoy them too.  I had never read crime fiction before and had
unconsciously undervalued it as amusing trash.  But the Connolly books
are so poignant and well observed, they're opening me up to currents
besides my usual literary and fantasy genre fare.

--Bill