[stylist] Poem My Vault of Unseen Colors

myrnaspoetry myrnaspoetry at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 12:06:25 UTC 2014

Last night at our meeting we talked about colors and I wanted to share this poem I'd written some time ago. Hope it is enjoyed. I wish I could send it as attachment but I do not have access to my computer yet.
Myrna

Vault of Unseen Colors

I open the door to my vault
of unseen colors using imagination's
key and I find myself in awe
and wonderment at the many treasures
I have gathered over the years,
the mysticism and the stark reality,
the grace of blue, its penchant for peace,
and the voracious appetite of red with its
livid caricature in times of anger.
I stumble across the many shades of green,
breathing in its promise of renewal.
I touch the playfulness of yellow and the glory of cerise, the
invitation of black and white,
and I smile at the seemingly
dull surprises of brown and gray,
and with faith renewed I sort through
the depths of every memory, the images
and echoes, the ocean's changing hues and seasonal
paintings upon a mountain, the building
of a night sky and a waking dawn,
the shadows of rainbows
and the portraits drawn by racing clouds.

My memory vault is overflowing and yet
I cannot, nor will not, divide those special
moments into slots of importance for each
owns a significant place within the heart and
my vault would not be the same
without them, whether they are flawed
or remembered
in pristine perfection.