[stylist] Inquiry about not being sure?

tickpub at juno.com tickpub at juno.com
Wed Apr 1 03:12:57 UTC 2015

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Hello All Fellow Authors and Readers;

I have a question here? I have many stories that I am yet to publish
along with several novels that are now being edited. One of my long in
progress projects is called The Blind Mans bluff! It is a collection of
stories from my youth until my present day old timer status. These are
stories about growing up with the handicap and hardships of being near
blind and how I had to deal with challenges. I have had many challenges
as we all have but somehow I have kept them in a journal with a humorous
twist to most of them. These humorous takes, have allowed me to pass
through many difficult situations and in many of my personal stories I
poke fun at myself. My wife says that my stories about being blind and my
use of self incrimination might offend others who are blind and might not
have my sense of humor.

My inquiry with this group is that if I post this story, Old Blind Mike's
Famous Canoe Journey, or a title close to that, would the readers inform
me or critique the story for its insight of being blind with a humorous
twist?

The story runs about 20 pages. I wrote it trying to capture this
experience or self inflicted challenge but instead of remembering it in
the negative, I try and capture it in humor. I also attempt  to give a
sighted reader an insight to what a blind person might be experiencing or
going through or how he or she might be seeing things. Somehow I hope to
get this story published
but?

Sometimes my imagination takes me to places that I am not sure of! I
guess I am looking for a balance to my attitude in writing. Being near
blind has certainly created within me a very different perspective on
life and how I see it.

Thank you
Michael

TickPub Thanks You,
All The Best And More,
Regards And Respect From Michael!
Just Click On The Blue Linked Book On The Shelf!