[stylist] Hi, everyone

Bonnie Lannom bonnielannom at icloud.com
Sun Apr 12 21:54:27 UTC 2015

HI Rowena, First, welcome to the group. I am an American living in New Zealand. I am a struggling writer who also does some freelance work. I have a Mac and love it. I use Pages but have also Bootcamped my Mac--meaning I run Windows, JAWS, and the Microsoft products on it. You can choose to either boot up in Windows or OSX. You can also run Windows as a virtual machine--meaning you can switch between operating systems, but you do have to have a lot of memory for this. Thankfully, my fiancé is the geek of the family and set this up for me. I must say running Windows on Mac is the most stable environment I have ever run Windows in.
 Hope this helps some. Smile Pages is great, but I find I have better control of formatting, editing etc. with Word. This could be that I am not as experienced with Pages as I am with Word.