[stylist] Dealing with frustration memories!

Semirhage severus13 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 05:36:14 UTC 2015

Prejudice is experienced by more than just blind people, though. Really.
And though skin color is totally included in this, I don't limit it to just
that either.
When my husband and his family moved from Russia  to Israel, he was
surprised at how many of the natives disliked the Russians for this or that
reason and they were all the same color. So he had the vision factor to deal
with plus the Russian factor which was also apparently an issue he didn't
expect.
And in Russia itself he had to hide the fact he was Jewish in school even
though he wasn't practicing because he'd have  been discriminated against
for that and with fists not words. IT was pretty harsh in soviet Russia in
the early 80's when he was a kid in elementary school before they left. All
this on top of the blindness, but even if he'd been fully sighted he'd have
still had the other problems.
I just feel that a lot of blind people want to feel the victim and not to
feel at one with others who are  also given crap by jerks. I don't make
these points  to argue. I dislike arguing. LOL. I make the point because
being hurt and sad and stressed is no fun and boxing oneself off and feeling
even more alone in a predominantly sighted world isn't really helpful or
true. There are many angry, depressed and sad sighted people.  I know a lot
of them. Many who are bullied for similar  reasons  to those I listed above,
or  because they're  fat, or short, or have a funny looking nose. I have
many sighted  friends who had a harder time of it in school than I did, and
trust me I got my share which is why I learned how to give it back. Yes
because I got angry. LOL. And it taught people not to mess with me. Many of
my sighted friends were hurt and retreated instead, and that didn't seem to
serve them as well, but to each their own. The point is feeling blind people
are  the only ones to relate to being needlessly hurt just serves to make
one feel even more ostracized, and that never leads  to happy warm feelings.
LOL.
I have had many friends who even call sighted people slang names that I find
rude, like  they're the only ones who can give people problems. LOL. I've
been treated rudely by blind people  too. I believe that people are  people
no matter their  eye condition skin color, language, country they were born,
any of that. Some are nice, some are not. Some are smart, and some  are
ignorant. It has to do with what kind of person they are, and not how  well
they can see. But speaking of sight, blind people, sighted people, will
choose to SEE the world or a situation any way they like. I choose to look
all around  rather than at just those emotions that seem to help me prove my
point. I'd rather be happy than right and that keeps  me growing. Again I
only say this as ostracizing only makes life harder. I tend to try to find
those good friends to whom I can relate no matter if they can see or not.
That's the way I see it for  what it's worth.
Sem