[stylist] Poem - "Chicken" - Thirdish Draft

William L Houts lukaeon at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 15:32:19 UTC 2015

Good Morning, my Finsters:

Here's a poem I wrote a little while ago.  I seem to remember giving it
up to the waves back when I wrote it, but I called it up this morning
and decided, praise the gods of patience and editing, that it isn't half
bad, if it's not too overbearing to say so myself. Your mileage, of
course, may vary.

--Bill

---

*Chicken *

Between wheat bread slices, put three

fried eggs with mayonaise and pepper,

the savory white spread uponbread

like hoped for luck slathered for feasting.

Nothing loves my tongue like

molten yolk surging, the yellow domes

bursting so rooster pride free,

we taste your labor and see.

Lady Cluck startled by shadows,

and murdered for chicken peck sins,

it's you I salute at morning's meal:

o sacrifice stupid and grand,

whose husband heralds the surfacing sun

your soundlessname pondered, if rarely,

with each tongue bright, glory morn bite:

glory hen,know we know you mince-foot wise

o govern your roost, you wife of days

and hear our rueful half-laughedpraise.

--

"Oh, Sophie!  Whyfore have you eated all de cheeldren?"