[stylist] book publishing questions

Semirhage severus13 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 02:28:20 UTC 2015

Hi Sarah. WOW. 2 books in one summer. You are  awesome. I wish I could write
that fast. Often I have to wait to learn from my characters more of what
happens next and that can stall things for days before I can write a little
more and so on. The one time I knew the entire story already, I wrote it in
2 weeks and it was a novella rather than a novel. Otherwise I think the
fastest was 3 months or so and that one was a fluke. The  rest have all bee
like a year at least. You are impressive! May I ask if they're fiction or
nonfiction? Either way is still as impressive, don't worry. HAHA.
As for publishing...I refuse to selfpublish because I am weak at the
business end and have little interest in it so do not want to force myself
to learn that which I do not enjoy as it will only end up sapping my
creativity. Creativity is my bread and butter so I'd better not. lOL.
Anyway, so I am seeking an agent unless it's for the short story submissions
and such. Then I just submit directly and build up my writing resume with
those. Some publishers let you shop directly to them and you can also enter
writing contests that publishers have.
 I recommend joining writer's digest or something similar as they provide
many listings. Yes you can look online but they just give them to you and it
can save time for cheap.
That's if you want to hopefully make more money at it.
You can also go with a smaller publisher or self publish but the money is
not as large as an agent can get you and it is for the same amount of work
at least. N you if you're  business savvy, you can probably do well enough,
but again it depends on do you want to make a living at it or do you just
want to make a little extra and have your stuff out there. I mean putting a
book out is very simple, making money on it not so much and as that's what I
want I'm going for the agent. Not saying my way is right for everyone,
though as it's all about what fits your needs and personality.
Sem