[stylist] Spiders and snakes and bats....

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 15:46:00 UTC 2015

Yes, learning Latin can help with Latin-based languages, but languages not
associated with Latin tend to be vastly different with rules and sounds.

And even English, which is a Latin-based language, is one of the most
difficult languages to learn. We have a lot of complexity and contradictions
in English. In a nutshell, when indigenous Anglo speakers (who spoke Old
English) merged with Saxon then later Norman, English grew into a
complicated language. Basically, we ended up with high-fa lutin speakin and
low-class speakin, LOL! It's actually a fascinating subject.

Bridgit