[stylist] believing the unbelievable

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Mon Aug 3 13:53:32 UTC 2015

Hi Debbie,

I just found your piece and wrote a soft critique on it for you - this is
what I meant by using things that interest you to forge your literary works.
We are all "who" we are and we all have passions in our lives. I have found
that the other writers here are open to good discussions on most topics - I
don't know how many years I have been here on this list but it is a few
years and its really nice to read the variety of work that each person has
shared.  For the most part, nearly always, people here are kind and helpful.
I am glad you felt at home enough to share your thoughts with us all and I
am certain that is respected.  We can critique or respond to the writing
itself, without being nasty or critical of the thoughts of the writer. None
of us have time to respond to everything that comes through, but we try to
respond to the pieces or genre that we are most adept at speaking about.
Mine is poetry and essay/memoirs (always non-fiction)  so typically that is
what I respond to. Others here are best at working with fiction or other
genre, but since I read just about no fiction I seldom chime in on it.

I am retired from teaching so I have time to walk the dogs often during the
days - you can imagine how spoiled they are. I have been a caregiver for
nearly 2 years for my husband - he has been on a very challenging journey
because of Acute Myeloid Leukemia but he had a stem cell transplant October
2 and at this time he is doing absolutely fantastic. His donor is a 48 year
old man who lives outside the US - we have no idea where all we know is his
age and that we are so grateful he was a donor. I know Bob's recovery is
because of the prayers of many many people of all walks of life who have
cared enough to stop for a moment at times, and just utter his name before
God, or send him positive thoughts, and love.  Yesterday, he was able to
spend the entire day outside working in his shade garden - pulling weeds and
digging up volunteer unwanted trees and poison ivy.  Doctors have told him
he is a "walking miracle."  Even with the intense treatment a person age 60
will only live about 6 -8 months with this disease - 50 percent of them will
die before that - and Bob was 74 when he was diagnosed at the beginning of
2014.  We have been married for 54 years, and during the past couple of
years we have experienced what  marriage is rally all about - helping each
other through every difficult challenge and loving each other for a life
time.  He brought me through the darkest days of my life 8 years ago when I
lost my sight with no warning; and I have brought him through his darkest
days in the past year. And, here we STAND.  We are still standing.  I do
want to write some things about his experiences, but have not had the grit
to sit down and relive it yet.
Lynda