[stylist] my memoir piece, "Faye"

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 19:34:25 UTC 2015

It's a really hard call.  But I think I agree with you, Bridgit.
I don't think it has as much to do with blindness as it does with
me as a person, because I have many different interests compared
to others (Barbara on this list probably one of the few other
multiples fanatics) and I like to keep to myself a lot.  I do
what I want to do because I want to do it, not because the rest
of the school is doing it.
I googled Faye after I wrote this (well, her real name-it's one
of these names which nobody else has).  And she's actually making
a great start for herself.  She and her friend, who happens to be
a boy, are creating songs and hope to get them on Itunes.  But I
don't think that this has anything to do with blindness.  If I
enjoyed the kind of music that she and her friend liked, and I
was serious about being in a band as well, then I would probably
be in the band, but that's just not me.
And Chris, in answer to your question, maybe I did have a little
crush, but the fact that she eventually came out as gay made her
strictly off-limits.
Vejas