[stylist] believing the unbelievable

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Tue Aug 4 16:22:12 UTC 2015

Bill,
How nice to get a chatty e-mail from you. As for your questions about
Africa, We were in East Africa, specifically, Tororo, Uganda. My husband had
a two-year contract with USAID which dealt with aid for developing
countries. It was extended by two-year segments, until the third one, when
we signed for just one year because of Idi Amin's terror tactics throughout
the country. We got our two oldest boys back from boarding school in Kenya
and got out in time.
I have at least three poems which might interest you. One about my zebra
drum, one about my African Xylophone, and one about the Ruwenzori climb. The
last was condensed from an entire chapter in my proposed book, "Lizard in
the Bean sauce.
Incidentally, I have just written two new poems, both Ars Poetica, which you
inspired in your introductions to two of your poems. In one, you mentioned
being playful, and my otter-hood, and in the other you spoke of broken bones
and a hip replacement for one of your poems. That was enough to put me into
a frenzy of writing.
I will not attach them just now do to the many remaining e-mails I have to
comment, or to read the first time.
I did not critique your fiction story due to lack of knowledge and the time
required for me to research all the words and terms, and my lack of good
critiquing skills in the fiction genre.

Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.
Time is the fire in which we burn.