[stylist] One more thing about cinquains

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Mon Aug 10 01:28:42 UTC 2015

For those of you who love cinquains but feel overly restricted, or do not
like the look of the lines, do you use "twitter?"
Arizona has a twitter poetry category in this year's annual contest. Google
ASPS for the details. My poetry group is the sponsor.
If you take your cinquain and rewrite it just counting the over-all
syllables, and it is under or at 140 syllables, it will qualify. It is truly
fun to do this. It has almost made me want to open a twitter account because
I have so many cinquains.
Does anyone here want to start a Cinquain Society of America? I do not feel
competent with the organizational skills, and accessibility skills that
would be necessary anymore. They have one for every other form, it seems.

Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.
Time is the fire in which we burn.
Delmore Schwartz