[stylist] Poem "Crystal Healer" for the entire list

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Mon Aug 10 21:58:15 UTC 2015

Lynda,
I finally got back to this cluster. It was just what I was looking for. A definition of the meaning of all precious and semi-precious stones. How I wish my  brother was still alive to read this.
He cut and polished rocks, had a tumbler, and made all kinds of jewelry and rings. My father left the rock collection to him, and it was an amazing variety of crystals, fossils, obsidian, and anything you can name. Except for you!
My mother b built the museum for it, and when she died, my brother slowly sunk into Pick's disease, and it was sold for a pittance to a neighbor who sold off most parts of the collection.
I have a Texas Longhorn skull on my mantle, and it is embedded with many of the rocks you mention. It has a lot of Peridot inset probably because it came from the San Carlos Reservation.
I will keep this for the wonderful descriptions, and meanings of our natural heritage from the earth.
I thank you so much for responding to this prompt. Incidentally, I had not heard of the form, abecedarian  , that you mention.
It is impossible to read a selection of yours without learning a great deal.

Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.
Time is the fire in which we burn.
Delmore Schwartz