[stylist] Re Poems about weather

Jackie Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Thu Aug 13 15:13:01 UTC 2015

Lynda,
This is a wonderful poem. The first thing I noticed was the impact that came from the short lines. Also, it was very comfortable with no punctuation, for the lines took care of that.
I loved the line about the refrigerator, and of course, the line of taking love as the only thing that will go with one.
You have combined the theme with weather to a powerful human poem. And your ending tells us so clearly about what you now see out of the past.
No I do not write about weather, per se, but I write a great deal about climate change, and the loss of species.

Jackie Lee

Time is the school in which we learn.
Time is the fire in which we burn.
Delmore Schwartz